About this book
This book provides a deeper look at the command line interface using a terminal window and the bash shell. It is suitable as for people who want to learn more about the bash shell, shell scripts and the POSIX/UNIX environment, working in the command line.
The book's pages are prefixed "MoreBash:" for historical reasons. Ideally, they should be moved (leaving a redirect behind) to pages having the prefix "BashProgramming:" instead.
If you run into trouble while running the various scripts in this book, you can look at our FAQ for some common problems and their solutions.
- Output and return (exit codes)
- Exercises - Output and return (exit codes)
- Control flow
- Exercises - Control flow
- Scripts - Introduction
- Exercises - Scripts - Introduction
- Declare - Typing variables
- Exercises - Declare - Typing variables
- Functions - Introduction
- Exercises - Functions - Introduction
- Scripts - Tools
- Exercises - Scripts - Tools
- Scripts - Network Tools
- Exercises - Scripts - Network Tools
All pages should have working "previous | next" links. Please report if they don't.