Meta information about this chapter
Expand using link to the right to see the full content.
Introduces the HTTP protocol, to prepare readers/students on web technology and web programming.
In order to understand web, the students/readers need to understand the HTTP protocol.
- Basic network terminology skills
- Basic command line skills with Bash
The student shall:
- Have basic knowledge of the HTTP protocol used in client-server connections between a web client and a web server
- Response body
- Request body
- Status code
Instructions to the teacher
- Students don't understand the concept of "protocol"
- Students confuse HTML and HTTP
- Students don't understand the concept of Header and Body
- Students don't understand the importance of the content-type header
All videos in this chapter:
The Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is an application protocol for distributed, collaborative, and hypermedia information systems. HTTP is the foundation of data communication for the World Wide Web. - HTTP (wikipedia)
Where to go next
Next page has some exercises for HTTP. As of now, only the Next-link works.