---===[ Message from the authors: We're slowly migrating this wiki to a new host, so during October 27-28 you may encounter problems using this site! ]===----
More or less completed books
Learn how to program with Java.
- Computer introduction
- Programming introduction
- Setting up your environment
- Programming in Java
- Our first Java program
- Variables and types
- Expressions and operators
- Control flow
- Objects in Java
- Obsolete Inheritance
- Assignment - Guessing game
- Assignment - Address book
Learn more about how to program with Java
- Java puzzlers
- Design patterns
- Data structures
- Set and Map
- Streams and lambdas
- Database and JDBC related
- Web related (Servlet technology, XML, Json)
- GUI programming in Java
Learn how to program with C.
Learn how to develop programs for Android.
Learn the basics of databases, SQL and SQLite
Learn how to use the bash shell in a command line environment (a terminal running bash) and the basics on writing scrips in bash
- Introduction to the bash shell and bash script programming
- Bash programming - more about bash and how to write scripts and use advanced features
Future books/Books in progress
Programming introduction (or Computer introduction)
Work in progress/planned:
This books introduces you to programming with the aim of preparing you for learning how to program in various languages. If you ever wondered what programming is, we hope and believe this is the book for you.
Miscellaneous lectures not yet in a book
Links here go to proposed schedules for using one or more of the books as course literature
- Jamiya - An introduction to programming using Java (Part of the Jamyia project)
- TIG015 - An introduction to programming using Java (University course)
- TIG058 - Programming and databases (University course)
- TIG167 - Programming with Android (University course)
- YRGO Designmönster (Yrkeshögskola)
- Programmering för testare (ITHS) (Yrkeshögskola)
- Klientprogrammering och systemintegration (YRGO) (Yrkeshögskola)
- Databaser 15p Webbutvecklare (YRGO) (Yrkeshögskola)
We also do customized courses and shorter one-off lectures.
Editor and IDEs
Computer and programming terms
We have a collection of terms explained on our Terms category page.
About this wiki
Our material is based around video lectures and exercises. We publish the videos openly on Vimeo.
Our books and courses come with a lot of source code and examples. We publish the source code openly on github.